Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Praying the SPEM prayer


This morning in Our Daily Bread (RBC Ministries) was a devotion titled SPEM Prayer.


Dave Branon was the author of today's devotion, and he wrote that a friend had asked for prayers, and had said "Spiritually, I am confused, so pray for understanding. Physically I am tired, so pray for rest. Emotionally, I am very weak, so pray for strength. Mentally, I am worried, so pray for peace."


This is an incredible request. Who isn't suffering from confusion and a lack of understanding, who isn't tired, who isn't weak, and who isn't somewhat worried? We all have a need for prayers in the Spiritual, Physical, Emotional, and Mental areas of our life. Not only do you have such needs, but those around you do, too!


Why not think of the SPEM prayers when you pray. When the Lord lifts someone up to you, and you think about them, pray for them Spiritually, Physically, Emotionally, and Mentally.

No comments:

Faith First

  Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”  Taking him...