Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Hope of the the Not Yet

Today’s passage is from the book Experiencing the Heart of Jesus, by Max Lucado.

“He is building a house for you. And with every swing of the hammer and cut of the saw, he’s dreaming of the day he carries you over the threshold. ‘There are many rooms in my Father’s house; I would not tell you this if it were not true. I am going there to prepare a place for you. After I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me so that you may be where I am.’”

This passage can speak to us of that important concept of adoption. As believers, being filled with the Holy Spirit is a mark that we are His. We have been adopted as sons and daughters of the Holy God. What a thought! Let that lift you. Nobody what anybody might say to bring you down, you are in “the family.” As a son or a daughter, you have immense worth. You are important to God.

Things happen in this life that get us down. We might get frustrated over a job situation. We might get frustrated over a relationship going bad. We might get frustrated by failing health and those things we can’t do anymore. We might get frustrated over being passed by in our efforts to get ahead. Other may not take us seriously. But never forget that God does take you seriously. Never forget that he has chosen you to be a part of his family. You are that important to Him. He loves you that much.

Others may try to minimize you, but God is at this very moment preparing a place for you, so you can spend eternity with Him.

No comments:

Faith First

  Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”  Taking him...