Friday, June 20, 2008

Joy and willingness...

Restore to me the joy of your salvation and
grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
- Psalm 51:12

As I was reading along and came to this verse, something very simply struck me about it. This may sound a little strange, but it was the location of the comma.

For some reason, the location of that comma jumped out at me. Maybe I’m reading a little to much into this, perhaps I am looking too hard for things to sustain me. But it’s not just the joy of our salvation that sustains us, it is the joy of our salvation, combined with a willing spirit.

If you find yourself struggling at times, remember that the joy of our salvation goes a long way, but we need that willing spirit as well. God will sustain us when we come to him filled with joy over our salvation, and with a humble and willing spirit.

No comments:

Faith First

  Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”  Taking him...