Thursday, June 12, 2008

Doing the work of the Lord...

Are you busy doing the work of God?

Often, we become very busy doing what we think will benefit the church. We become very busy doing things for God.

On the surface, that seems all well and good. But can it be that we become so busy doing things for God, that we’re not actually helping God? Can it be that we are spending our time doing what we think God wants, while altogether missing what God is really calling us to?

Have you ever prayed, “Lord, help me do this work”? "Lord, help me do this thing, or that thing for you.” If you’ve ever prayed that, then perhaps your focus is on your work for God, rather than God’s work.

Instead of “Lord, help me do this work,” make your prayer, “Lord, let me help you in your work.” Instead of “Lord, help me”, make your prayer, “Lord, let me help you…” Only then will our focus truly be on the Lord. And only then will we know we are truly doing His will.

No comments:

What is the Church?

The Apostle Paul would whole-heartedly answer that question as the Body of Christ.   And I think that all of us would agree with him But ...