Monday, April 28, 2008

A Baby Carriage on the Beach...


The other day we went to the local beach here in Florida, Pine Island.

Something struck me at this beach that I wanted to pass along to you. We were sitting in the sun, I was reading, the kids were swimming, and a man walked by dragging a baby carriage through the sand. He was yelling to his wife how hard it was to drag that carriage with those tiny wheels through the sand. He even said, "I don’t think this thing was designed for use in sand." What struck me was that this man was only twenty feet from a sidewalk – walking parallel to it. Only twenty feet to his left, he would have found a very smooth path for his carriage. But he continued struggling.

We are God’s workmanship. But so often we drudge along, finding it very difficult to do things that we were never created to do in the first place. And often the solution is so close. But we are so stubborn…

No comments:

Faith First

  Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”  Taking him...