Monday, June 15, 2009

New Creations...

On Sunday, we looked at our normal greeting: How are you folks doing?

I know we always say we’re doing good, but really, our bones are a little achy, our finances might be a little tight, our health is undergoing some minor issues, we really aren’t doing great, are we? We say we are, maybe because we can always think of someone who has it worse than we do.

I’m noticing that when I sit for several minutes, I’m a bit stiff when I get up. I notice that my back or my knees or my hips need a bit of time. Maybe you go through the same thing.

Couple that with the idea that, and I almost hate to say this, but we’re getting older, not younger, so more and more things may come up to challenge us. What’s our attitude in light of this? What’s our attitude knowing that we’re stiff, we’re struggling, and things may or may not get much better, at least with some of our stiffness and some of our health issues?

What was Paul's attitude. He has been through more than any of us, his stiffness, his soreness, his failing vision, what was his attitude through this.

To read the full message, click here.

No comments:

What is the Church?

The Apostle Paul would whole-heartedly answer that question as the Body of Christ.   And I think that all of us would agree with him But ...