Sunday, April 5, 2009

It is finished...

This weeks message was the sixth in our series on Jesus' statements from the cross.

This week we heard the words, "It is finished!" I think it's a statement that in Scripture, an exclamation point is used. I don't know where that exclamation point comes from. I don't know if it was put there by the translators, or if something in the Greek text warranted it. But it implies that Jesus was exasperated, exhausted, and giving up, as if He were quietly saying "it's over, I can't fight any longer..."

Instead, the exclamation point implies a victorious cheer, "Yeh, it's finished, it's over, we've won!"

In this weeks message, I call it a battle cry. A proud statement of fact that Jesus mission is completed, he did everything he came to do, and He did it well!. I explored some of the facets that means, and why it was so important to us as we live our lives of faith.

If you would like to read the entire message, or even listen to an audio recording of the message, click here.

As always, thanks for reading...

No comments:

Faith First

  Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”  Taking him...