Monday, March 16, 2009

When is cloning not cloning?

I'm finding myself very concerned about a growing possibility, and here is a chance for you to share your thoughts on this.

President Obama, just last week or so, signed a bill that will remove the regulations regarding federal funding of stem cell research on embryonic stem cells. The biggest issue has been, and I think, will continue to be, where these embryonic cells come from.

My first concern is that they will come from aborted fetuses. This is probably the most likely scenario. My concern here is that it is an attempt to add credibility to the abortion industry. Some will say, "it can't be all bad, look at the good that comes from it." It's still a moral wrong, and we should still be outraged. And trying to make something good come from something that is morally wrong is the wrong direction to go.

I have another concern that may come out of this. I read on the Crosswalk.com website an editorial by Albert Mohier titled The Fetus as Organ Factory: The Next Moral Frontier? In this article, he wrote,
From London, the Daily Mail reported late last week that Oxford Professor Sir Richard Gardner now proposes that organ tissues from aborted fetuses might represent "at least a temporary solution" to the shortage of available organs for transplant.

As the Daily Mail reported:

Kidneys and livers from aborted foetuses could be given to the desperately ill and ease the organ donor shortage, a leading scientist has claimed.
Might we see an entire medical industry built on the use of aborted fetuses? What do you think? Any moral issues? Your comments are appreciated...

No comments:

Faith First

  Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”  Taking him...