Thursday, March 5, 2009

Divorce Classes...

I heard on the radio this morning that in the state of Texas, courts will begin requiring that couples seeking a no-fault divorce to take an eight hour class before the court will proceed. The idea behind the class is to try to reconcile couples and decrease the divorce rate, which is in many areas as high as 50%.

Well done Texas! I certainly hope that other states will follow suite. I have to admit, though, that I am afraid the ACLU will strongly object... It seems that those things that most benefit families are on the ACLU's hit list. I'm all for civil liberties, and I'm sure they do some good, but I'm also all for families.

So Texas, you have some good ideas - hold your ground and it will make a difference. I'd love to hear your comments...

No comments:

Faith First

  Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”  Taking him...