Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Greatest Birth


I enjoy the Christmas Season. I really do. I love the lights, the decorations, the cookies (especially the cookies!).

One of the things I really like are the cards. I love reading the cards. I have to admit that this a guilty pleasure, because we haven't done to well at sending cards ourselves - we're always late! But I do love reading the cards. Some cards have letters in them, filling us in on the special events in the lives of those we care about. Some cards have short handwritten notes. But all cards have some kind of verse.

Some are rather generic, "Wishing you a Happy Holiday!" But some are wonderfully filled with a special thought on what Christmas really means - what it really is. One that I got yesterday is like this...

Have you ever wondered
why God announced
the greatest birth in human
history to a handful of
shepherds on a hillside
and a few wise men
from the East?

Perhaps it was because they were
quiet enough to listen...
eager enough to know...
available enough to follow!

My prayer for each of you this Christmas is that you will be quiet enough to listen, eager enough to know, and available enough to follow Jesus, the one whom we especially remember this time of year!

No comments:

Faith First

  Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”  Taking him...