Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Songs of praise...


Shout with joy to God, all the earth!  Sing the glory of his name; make his praise glorious!  Say to God, “How awesome are your deeds!  So great is your power that your enemies cringe before you.  All the earth bows down to you; they sing praise to you, they sing praise to your name.”
Psalm 66:1-4

What a great song of praise!  As I was reading this for my devotion the other day, I couldn’t help but think how great it would be to start everyday singing songs of praise like this.  To start everyday with God’s praise on your lips!

In our daily devotions, everyday should contain a time of praise, very much like this.  Including a time like this let God know that you acknowledge His greatness and His power in your life.  It keeps you in awe of the things of God.  And it helps keep you from thinking too much of yourself, humble, reciting daily God’s great power and might.

So every day, remember God’s greatness, and praise Him!

No comments:

Faith First

  Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”  Taking him...