Thursday, February 4, 2010

He must increase, I must decrease...

Wow, time really flies!

I can't beleive it's Thursday already, and I haven't passed along the info from last weeks sermon message.  It's been a busy week, but not a bad week.

This weeks message talked about Jesus' baptism, specifically why Jesus came to John the Baptist along the shores of the Jordan River to be baptized.  If you think about, John's baptism, according to Luke 3:3, was a "baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins." 

But, Jesus never sinned.  Why did He feel the need for this kind of baptism?  Has that ever bothered you?  I think it bothered John the Baptist.  In Matthew 3:14 we see John's response when Jesus comes to him, "John tried to deter him, saying, 'I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?'"

In the message we look at some possible reasons why Jesus came to John.  And why John consented, and led Jesus into the waters of  the Jordan. 

Ir you would like to read the message, or listen to the audio recording, click the link below.

Feb. 4 - He Must Increase, I Must Decrease

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Faith First

  Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”  Taking him...