Saturday, January 17, 2009

God is still good...

Lately, we've been struggling with a lot of fairly serious issues.

A friend was diagnosed with leukemia. When I visited her in the hospital, I had just started home when my car broke down, leaving me stranded on the the interstate an hour from home.

By the time I got a price to fix my car, my wife's car began making a terrible noise - the diagnosis is transmission problems. That can be a really expensive diagnosis.

Another good friend winds up in the hospital in Rochester, and I can't get up to see her because of the lack of transportation.

This probably doesn't seem like a post talking about how the goodness of God touches us, but it is. Because through it all, we lean on God, we trust in God to bring us through these trials. And we signs along the way that He is doing just that.

We have other friends that share their vehicles as we need them the most. Phone calls to hospitals bring good news. God is still good. He is still working.

There is a tendency in our lives to be in control, to take of everything that comes our way, and not to seek help. It's a sign of strength to take of things without help. It's a sign of weakness to seek help. Yet, it's by sitting back and letting God work that we see his goodness, and we experience his mercy in our trials.

So while I have no idea what trial might come next, I know that I will stick with God, and that He will show His goodness to me. Because God is good.

No comments:

Faith First

  Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”  Taking him...