Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Christmas Message...


On Sunday afternoon, the local Historical Society here in Almond presented their annual Christmas Program. We host the program here in our church, and I had an opportunity to give a short message at the close.

As I was thinking about what to say, and how to say it, it really occurred to me that the message of Christmas is the good news of the Gospel. There is no way to separate it. The good news of the Gospel is that Jesus came! That's it in a nutshell. And that's the Christmas message. Jesus came, a baby in a manger, an infant, yet Emmanuel, God with us.

There are a lot of distractions this time of year, but remember the good news. Remember the baby in the manger. And remember He is still with us.

No comments:

Faith First

  Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”  Taking him...