Tuesday, October 7, 2008

God's mercy...


For He says to Moses,
I will have mercy on whom
I have mercy, and I will
Have compassion on whom I
Have compassion.
- Romans 9:15-16


This passage came up in my reading the other day, and really seemed to jump out at me.

Perhaps the reason why this seemed to strike a chord is that I have recognized my need for God’s compassion and mercy a lot lately. And I’ve prayed for it, and I haven’t always felt it received.

We all stand before an awesome and omnipotent creator. And none of us can stand on our own merits, but require His compassion and mercy. Sometimes that compassion and mercy will be evident, sometimes it won’t be.

In those times that it’s not evident, long for it, strive for it, work for it, and know that God will be faithful.

No comments:

Faith First

  Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”  Taking him...