Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Day Apart...


Recently I had an opportunity to go to one of our Christian camps for a day apart. There were maybe a dozen pastors altogether, and the day was to be a day away from the schedules and routines, just time alone to be quiet. The camp was a perfect setting, if you wanted fellowship and an opportunity to talk with peers, that was available. But if you wanted to get away, the camp was plenty large enough.

I wanted to get away. I was looking for solitude. I had brought a pocket New Testament and another book I’ve been reading, and was quiet content.

It’s important to get away from time to time. I was able to make some notes on some passages that really struck me, and the next few days, we’ll be looking at those passages together.

No comments:

Faith First

  Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”  Taking him...