Friday, September 14, 2007

Can things be, without really being???

Things are, yet they aren’t…

Okay, if yesterday’s post confused you, today’s probably will also. This is also from Augustine’s Confessions, and is a little philosophical, I admit. But here is something to think about…


He that knows the Truth, knows what that Light is; and he that knows It, knows eternity. And I behold the other things below Thee, and I perceived that they neither altogether are, nor altogether are not, for they are, since they are from Thee, but are not what Thou art.

Something for you to think about today. The things of this earth are, yet in a way, they are not not. Augustine is saying that they are because they come from God, yet in a way are not, because they are not what God is.

So could it be that we are fulfilled inasmuch as we are filled with God?

No comments:

Faith First

  Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”  Taking him...