Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday the 13th!

Are you superstitious?

If you are, today is probably quite a day for you! Friday the 13th is one of those days that superstitious people are very leery of. Are you a little concerned over what might happen today?

I don’t normally go in for these superstitions – however… We did have a lot of computer problems this morning at the church office! Coincidence? Maybe not!

Just joking – of course it was a coincidence. On my desk at the office I have one of those calendars that gives a thought each day. A few days ago was one of my favorites:

The way each day will look to you all starts with who you’re looking to.

If you started this morning looking to God to supply all your needs for today, then today won’t be any different than yesterday (provided you looked to God yesterday for all you needs!). If you didn’t look to God this morning, than who knows what might come today. Who knows who might meet your needs today if you didn’t ask God this morning.

The point is, God is able to supply our every need. Some needs we might be able to meet on our own. We can’t meet all our needs on our own. But God can!

Look to God today, and today will be an extraordinary day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was sure not to let any black cats cross my path on friday the 13th. Just kidding there I don't believe in bad or good luck, we reap what we sow.

Duane

What is the Church?

The Apostle Paul would whole-heartedly answer that question as the Body of Christ.   And I think that all of us would agree with him But ...