Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Things can work out for the better

I was thinking of a passage today, Romans 8:28. It’s a pretty popular verse – it says, “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him.”

The context of my thinking about this passage was a worship service that was part of a meeting I was at. We heard this passage read, and had a few silent moments to think about the passage.

I thought about my own experience, I was brought up in a church, and that upbringing probably kept me out of a little trouble when I was growing up (my sister might not agree with this!). Looking back, I do beleive that my faith kept me out some difficulties that others struggled with.

I was talking with a person in our church last week, and she shared about her faith journey. She, too, grew up in the church, and she, too, shared that because of her Christian upbringing, she was probably spared some difficulties that others struggled with.

“We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him.” This is as true in my life today as it was when I first heard it growing up. God has spared me unknown difficulties in my life. If you love God, he has spared you, too.

If you don’t know God, why not begin a relationship with him today. Turn your life over to God, and then these struggles become God’s struggles. And God can handle them. God wants to handle them. God loves you. He wants you to love him.
We live in a world of despair and hopelessness. But God works for the good of those who love him. Maybe we should let him…

No comments:

Faith First

  Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”  Taking him...