Tuesday, March 6, 2007

There is no better place to be...


I love movies. One of my favorites is a fairly new movie from World Wide Pictures called The Last Flight Out. If you haven’t seen it, I highly recommend it.

In this film, a character has a line that I particularly love. There is no better place to be than in the center of God’s will – except in his presence. What a great line. What a great truth!

Being in the center of God’s will sometimes involves taking a step back and doing some self-examination to make sure you really are right where God wants you to be. And if you conclude you’re not, the changes needed may seem very difficult.

If that’s where you are right now, I want to encourage you to make those changes anyway – no matter how difficult they may seem. God isn’t calling us to a place that is terribly difficult to get to. He has already equipped us with the special gifts that we will need when we do it – He has already prepared us for it whatever it is.

Being in the center of God’s will brings a peace that we won’t experience anywhere else. We can serve the Lord in our churches for years and years, but never experience the peace that comes from obedience to his will.

Years ago, I felt that God was calling me into ministry, and it scared me. That was the last thing I wanted to do. And I fought it, for many years. Finally about eight years ago, I decided that I needed to be in the center of God’s will for my life – and for me, that meant ministry. I have experienced the biggest blessings of my life since.
I don’t know what being in the center of God’s will means for you. But I am guessing that if you really think about it, you already know what it means. Because God has already been telling you. I can assure you, that if you’re not there, you’re missing the biggest blessings of your life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This motto is the one i wrote on my profile for the mission school that me and my wife attend at this moment. It sure is a big truth: is great to be where God want's you!
I know will not be easy sometimes, but is the best move we've made in the last few years ... on more step forward to fulfill the plan of God for us in the mission field. You can also pray for us, we still need guidance, open minds, open doors and ... the most important - hearts full of love for Christ and for the people. Thank you!

What is the Church?

The Apostle Paul would whole-heartedly answer that question as the Body of Christ.   And I think that all of us would agree with him But ...