Friday, May 29, 2009

Wisdom on scrap paper...

Okay, I cleaned my dresser!


When I did, I found a lot of things I forgot putting there. And a few things I’m sure someone else put there, cause I’m sure I’ve never seen them before. Maybe I should have cleaned a long time ago…


One of the things I saw was a scrap of paper with a short message on it. It was given to me, I can almost remember by whom, but certainly not when…

Deliverance from sin is a much greater gift

than deliverance from affliction.

There is a great wisdom in that short message. We often pray for deliverance from our afflictions. When we’re hurt we want healing. When we’ve been wronged, we want to feel better. But there is a good that can come from our hurts. God works through those hurts to bring us to a better place. Growth comes through times of trial.


The real gift is deliverance from sin. Sin causes eternal problems. Affliction only causes temporary problems. And while affliction is very real to us at the time, and sin’s consequences rarely seem that serious at the time, it’s really the other way around.


With time we will see that our afflictions are temporary, but the consequences of sin is a much more serious problem.


So, which would you rather have? I urge you to accept the much greater gift. Accept deliverance from sin through God’s Son Jesus. Let Him deliver you from your sin…

No comments:

Faith First

  Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”  Taking him...