Wednesday, July 2, 2008

In the presence of God's Saints...

Yesterday, I talked about Psalm 52:9, where David promises to praise God forever because of what God has already done. To refresh your memories, here is that verse again:

I will praise you forever for what you have done;
in your name I will hope, for your name is good.
I will praise you in the presence of your Saints.

Today, I want to comment on that same verse, but there is another thought worth reflecting on. It’s found in the last line of that verse. David promises God to praise God in the presence of the saints.

Before we get too confused, remember that a saint is anyone who follows God. We are all saints when we give ourselves to God, and follow Christ.

Where are the saints found? In the Church. Each week, the Saints come together in the Church as the Body of Christ.

I often come across people who tell me that they don’t have to come to church to be a Christian. But I question that. I think that you do have to gather as part of the Body of Christ. If you associate with other Christians by name only, you aren’t really a part of the Body.

It is important to come together. We are encouraged by others walking the same path. We encourage others. We are comforted, and we comfort others. We are strengthened, and we strengthen others. And I believe that God is blessed when he sees us come together as many in His name.

Can you promise, as David did, to praise God in the presence of the Saints? It’s part of God’s plan.

No comments:

Faith First

  Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”  Taking him...