Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Watching people being people...

I like to watch people.

I enjoy watching others engage in life. Watching them build relationships, meet others, and grow.

This morning I took my wife to a Doctor's appointment in Dansville. While waiting, I watched the people in the waiting room. Many people stayed very much to themselves. While very friendly when others would greet them, they would still stay in their magazines or books, and not offer anything of themselves.

But occasionally, someone would reach outside themselves, and be very open to a greeting, and willing to talk. Across the waiting room from where I was sitting, two people who had never met before began wonderful conversation. I remembered a line from a Geico commercial, “Humans behaving humanly!”

As followers of God, do we appreciate humans behaving humanly? Do we point out and quietly celebrate it when we see it? Perhaps most important of all, do we behave humanly ourselves?

No comments:

Faith First

  Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”  Taking him...