Monday, September 22, 2008

Dan Montgomery's Personality Compass...


I mentioned a couple of days ago that I was reading a new book, Finding Your Way: A Christian Guide to Transforming Your Personality and Relationships by Dan Montgomery.

I mentioned that in the book he mentions a personality compass. Just as with a real compass, there are four compass points on the personality compass. They can be remembered with the keyword LAWS. This acronym represents the polar opposites of Love and Aggression, Weakness and Strength. To be a well-balanced person, all four must be balanced.

Tomorrow, I’ll talk about the first two, Love and Assertion. Wednesday, I’ll talk about Weakness and Strength. Then on Thursday, I’ll suggest a way that we might use this compass to guide not only our self-development and personality, but to guide our prayer life as well.

Look over the chart, and begin to think about how balanced you might be in these four areas…

No comments:

Faith First

  Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”  Taking him...