Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Favorite verses...

At a small group a few days ago, we talked about our favorite Bible verses.  I actually had a favorite verse, and a favorite chapter.  I thought I would share them with you.  I guess I'll share the verse today, and the chapter tomorrow...
My favorite verse is Galatians 2:20, "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.  The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me gave himself for me."

To me, this verse speaks of the new life we have when we come to faith.  Our past problems can no longer hold us back, our skeletons in the closet can no longer haunt us.  We are new, because the sinful people we were are gone, and now, Christ is in their place.  We live our lives in the body secure in the love Jesus has for us, it is Him who gave us this new life.  

To go on living as we have is folly.  That life is dead.  And only Christ lives now.

That's what it means to be a Christian.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.  Drop me a comment and let me know your favorite verses...

No comments:

Faith First

  Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”  Taking him...