Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wow! I am really remiss...

I just noticed I didn't forward my Easter message.

I guess so much goes into the season of Lent, that I went blank after Easter. Anyway, the Easter message this year was the last in our series of Statements from the Cross. The words, "Unto Thy hands I commit my spirit." I talked about that statement, and pointed out that it's a statement that all believers must one day make. It shows a surrendering of our will to God.

I talked about Nicodemus, how he was one that claimed Jesus' body after His death, and made sure that He received a proper burial. Nicodemus was the one in John chapter 3 that was found sneaking in to see Jesus under the cover of darkness. He was shy, didn't want anyone to know. But he finished strong in his faith. It doesn't matter how we start our faith, or how many bumps (or falls) might come along in the journey. We all still have the opportunity to finish strong.

To read the message, click here.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Faith First

  Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”  Taking him...