Friday, October 24, 2008

Reading the present time...

Jesus also said to the crowds, "When you see a cloud rising in the west, you immediately say, 'It is going to rain'; and so it happens. And when you see the south wind blowing, you say, 'There will be scorching heat'; and it happens. You hypocrites! You know how to interpret the appearance of earth and sky, but why do you not know how to interpret the present time?"
Luke 12:54-59

As I came across this reading this morning, I stopped to pause about our present time. We struggle with issues with morality and values - there seems to be such a wide span of acceptable morals, our values seem to differ greatly.

The war in Iraq continues, a financial crisis looms greater with the passing of time. Deficits in government spending are the norm, and government debt is out of sight.

How do we read the present time? If we think that a stimulus package and a tax cut will make everything all right, I fear we aren't doing very well at reading the present time...

I know several people who read the present time as the precursor for the end time. They believe that the events of the present time are setting the stage for the second coming of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

I agree. I know that Jesus said He would come again, and I know that He keeps His promises. He always has for me. And if He is coming again, and He hasn't yet, then we are closer now then we've ever been - no matter when it happens!

As the Body of Christ, let's help prepare His way. Let's help people prepare for His second coming. Let's share our faith, let's live our faith, let's let our faith be the first thing people see when see us. So that Christ himself might be the first thing they see when they see us!

No comments:

Faith First

  Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”  Taking him...