Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Fellowship with the Saints...

I’ve been thinking over the last month or so that our church needs more opportunities for fellowship. I know that there is a certain amount of fellowship that goes on in everything that we do, we always visit before and after Worship services, Bible Studies, Sunday School, and board meetings. But fellowship is really important.

I was thinking about that yesterday when I was answering some email. It is the context of fellowship that Christian bothers and sisters talk about life, they comfort and encourage each others, they share their problems and struggles, and are open with each other, and others respond with an openness of their own. And that’s vital in a church.

And it’s Biblical. In Psalm 16.3, we read, “As for the saints who are in the land, they are the glorious ones in whom is all my delight.”

Do you see your fellow worshipers this way? Do you realize that they are the glorious ones? Is seeing them all your delight?

Fellowship is important. We should be craving time together with fellow believers, and we should be open enough and honest enough with them to allow them to help us through the struggles we face.

No comments:

Faith First

  Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”  Taking him...