Saturday, February 2, 2008

A prayer for you...

Yesterday, I received a card from Northeastern Seminary in Rochester (on the campus of Roberts Wesleyan College). I attended Northeastern, and they do occasionally send me cards to let me know they continue to pray for me and for my ministry.

This card contained a prayer, adapted from Richard Foster's book Prayers from the Heart. I want to share that prayer with you today:

Jesus, I desire to start this day with you.
And yet, my mind keeps flitting to so many things:
the projects I want to accomplish,
the people I want to talk to,
the people I wish I didn't have to talk to.

I offer you my fragmentation.
Help me to recognize which of all these things
are really invitations to:
find you in the midst of my day,
encourage someone you wish to touch,
thank you.

Out of my scatteredness bring focus-
focus on You.
Out of my storm bring peace - your peace
Help me be still long enough to know You
and to hear you today.

Amen.

No comments:

What is the Church?

The Apostle Paul would whole-heartedly answer that question as the Body of Christ.   And I think that all of us would agree with him But ...