Tuesday, January 1, 2008

God's timing for everything...

As we begin the new year, I would like to share a thought I received from Bill Schaaf, the president of the Solid Rock Riders, a Christian Motorcyclist's Association club in Hornell. Bill received this from another CMA club president, Dave VanderKlay, of Crystal River, Florida.

If we look into God's Word we see a word like 'time' over and over again. Often the Bible says, "At that time the Lord. . ." or "Some time later. . ." or "In due time. . ." You see God has His own time table for things to happen.

I think one of the passages that so plainly sends this message can be found in Ecclesiastes 3. Read these words, and think about them. Remember God has all things in his hands and has planned them according to his time schedule. Not much or at least surprisingly little is controlled by us. Don't misunderstand me, we are responsible for our actions and can make good decisions or bad decisions and in that sense can control areas of our lives and the results of many things depend upon our decisions.

Never the less God has a master timetable for things in this world as we see in Eccl 3:1-12:


There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
What does the worker gain from his toil? I have seen the burden God has laid on men. He has made everything beautiful in its time . He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live.


As you approach 2008 remember that the Lord goes before you. He has already set the course of your life and it will go well with you when you walk with Him.

Will you allow yourself to keep in step with the Holy Spirit this coming year? Will you listen to the counsel of his Word? You will be blessed beyond what you could ever ask or imagine when you keep trusting in Him. When I struggle with my weakness I must remember Paul's great reminder in Phil 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (NKJV) For that to be true however I have to walk in His will for my life. Walk with the Lord in 2008 and trust it will be a great year.


Thanks to Bill Schaaf and David VanderKlay for that thought…

No comments:

Faith First

  Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”  Taking him...