Thursday, January 3, 2008

Do you love church?

On Christmas Eve, following our Candlelight service, I was handed an envelope from one of the children in our church family. It was an offering envelope that was colored and drawn in pencil during the service. The drawings were all original artwork from Olivia Ormsby, a six year old in our church. I thanked her sincerely and stuck the envelope in my pocket as I continued to greet people.

When I got home and pulled it out, I chuckled a little when I gave it a good look. Then I noticed that it was sealed, and opened it up, wondering if there was anything inside. To my surprise, there was, it was the picture you see here. It was the drawing of a young lady, and the words, “I Love Churche”. I decided that I was going to keep that one. And the each day as I see it, it brings a smile to my face.

I was reflecting on that a little bit, and I got to thinking that I can’t remember the last time I heard an adult tell me they love church. I hope we do! I know I do! So the idea came… Why not invite people to tell me they love church, and why they love church? We’ll share the results in a newsletter, and on this blog in a month or so.

So please… Tell my why you love church. We’ll have fun with it…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pastor Steve i do enjoy Almond Union Of Churches. I have been in our church choir since i was 15 years old they are my family. Everyone at our church is so friendly. Your messages are always wonderful. We are very lucky to have you all. As our pastor and as well as your family. Kathryn enjoys going to church too. She is my daughter if anyone doesnt know who is reading this. I have been a member of our church here in almond since 1993. I got married at the almond union of churches. I really love church.

Sincerely Karen Billings

Anonymous said...

Hello Pastor Steve! My name is Cassandra Robbers. We met at a neighbors party around Halloween. I thought you would like to know that I have heard from numerous members of our community how much they enjoy going to your services. One lady even called church fun!

Pastor Steve said...

Thanks Cassandra!

I wonder why only one thought it was fun??? We would love to see you visit sometime yourself.

Pastor Steve

Anonymous said...

Well, she was the only one who mentioned it. They may have all thought it! Thank you for the invitation. Take care, Cassandra

Faith First

  Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”  Taking him...