Saturday, June 9, 2007

Seeing the living Christ

I was very blessed in that I grew up in the church. Perhaps you have grown up in the church – you were blessed, too. I say I was blessed because I learned growing up about God, and about His love for me, his love for each of us. I grew up knowing what He expected of me, I grew up knowing the basic fundamentals for a life of faith.

I didn’t always do them. There was time I wandered away, and didn’t always do what I knew I should do. But because I grew up in the church, I had the fundamentals in place, and I knew what I had to do to get right God.

Many don’t have that foundation. Many are wandering through life with no moral compass, no foundation of faith, no idea how to be right with God. And with all of that comes no hope. Probably the most serious of these is no hope. Our streets are full of people with no hope. Christ brings hope.

The Apostle Paul had a foundation, but he found out that it was the wrong foundation. He persecuted the church of God and tried to destroy it. He was advancing Judaism and was extremely zealous for the traditions of his fathers. But he found out that these traditions were not godly traditions. He didn’t know God. He thought he did. But his actions were actually taking him farther from God.

Do have a firm foundation of faith? Do you Scripture, and believe it all – or does some not really agree with what you believe? Could your foundations be faulty like Paul’s were? Pray that Christ might reveal himself to you. After seeing Jesus, Paul was never the same. When Jesus reveals himself to you, you will change, too!

No comments:

Faith First

  Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”  Taking him...