Monday, April 30, 2007

Feeding the birds

I love to watch the birds outside our back porch. We have a few bird feeders up, and I enjoy watching the small birds come to visit. I don’t know much about birds, and I can’t identify most of the birds that visit, but I do love to see the occasional cardinal stop by. I also love the yellow finches – we see a lot of these. They are very active, darting from feeder to feeder, then to a nearby bush waiting for another turn.

They never seem to stay very long in one spot. They grab a quick bite, then leave giving another an opportunity. Then just as quickly, they’re back for another quick bite, then off again. Sometimes they go to the bush, sometimes to ground below, sometimes to the roofline. Back and forth, over and over, they are very restless little birds.

In Proverbs 26:2, it reads, “Like a fluttering sparrow or a darting swallow, an undeserved curse does not come to rest.” Think on that for minute. As much as these little finches dart around, as active as they are, they are like undeserved curses.

When we trust in God for our deliverance, and we are faithful in our lives, we may still see curses, we will most certainly see troubles – but they won’t stay long! And we also have the promise from Romans 8:28 that God will work through these temporary troubles and bring blessings!

No comments:

Faith First

  Then Peter said, “Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.”  Taking him...